Chelsea-Brighton – League Cup 2023/2024 Statistical Preview
- Chelsea stay with out their long-list of absent gamers for this one, which incorporates the likes of Christopher Nkunku, Romeo Lavia, Reece James and Noni Madueke.
- Serbian goalkeeper Djordje Petrovic might be handed his first Chelsea begin.
- Nicolas Jackson will miss the assembly with Fulham subsequent week after he acquired his fifth yellow card of the marketing campaign towards Aston Villa, so could lead the road with Armando Broja once more that includes from the bench.
- Brighton’s long-term absentees Julio Enciso and Jakub Moder stay dominated out right here, whereas James Milner and Pascal Gross are doubts for the conflict.
- After the 1-0 house defeat to Aston Villa, Chelsea are nonetheless but to attain since their final match on this competitors, 26 days and three matches in the past.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s facet have slipped down the Premier League desk to fifteenth and can be on the lookout for a much-needed increase right here.
- Brighton continued their spectacular kind on the weekend, bouncing again from a shock defeat at house to AEK Athens within the Europa League final Thursday.
- With the 3-1 victory over Bournemouth, Roberto De Zerbi’s crew have moved up into third place.
- That is the first-ever League Cup assembly between the 2 facet, and the primary in any cup competitors since a 2-0 win for the Blues greater than 50 years in the past.
- Brighton are unbeaten of their final seven League Cup away video games (received 5, drawn two), although the 2 attracts in that run have each resulted in penalty shootout exits.