Jordan Henderson continues to be formally on the membership however there was lots to report on the captain on Thursday after a £12 million payment was agreed.
LFC didn’t need new Henderson contract in 2021
The Henderson saga continues into yet one more day, however the finish is close to.
On Wednesday, Liverpool accepted a £12 million payment from Al Ettifaq and now it’s all in regards to the formalities.
This Is Anfield understands claims of £700,00 per week wages in Saudi Arabia are far greater than actuality, with it as an alternative nearer to £350,000 per week, tax free.
The transfer will see Henderson’s present earnings of simply shy of £10 million minimize from Liverpool’s wage invoice two years sooner than his contract dictated, one which was a mistake from the off.
There’s at all times been an acceptance that the membership didn’t need to renew Henderson’s contract in 2021, however stories within the media saying as a lot have been few and much between.
However with an exit looming, The Telegraph‘s Chris Bascombe has confirmed that ex-sporting director Michael Edwards and different membership figures have been reluctant to supply new phrases.
It went in opposition to the membership’s technique however Jurgen Klopp stepped in, and hindsight, not that it was wanted, has proven who was proper all alongside.
We have now rounded up the opposite notable tales about Henderson right here:
3 issues at this time: Value tags & loans
- Crystal Palace‘s Cheick Doucoure and Fulham‘s Joao Palhinha are two midfield targets being thought-about however, mixed, their worth tags are £150 million!
- An attention-grabbing mortgage transfer awaits for Dominic Corness after he joined Swiss Tremendous League facet Yverdon, it is going to be the 20-year-old’s first style of senior soccer
- “The youngsters are actually good,” Klopp spoke extremely of his younger contingent after their outings within the opening pleasant, love how excited he will get about providing these alternatives
Newest Liverpool FC information
- Liverpool’s children are “hungry” for extra after a dream style of first-team motion throughout Wednesday’s pleasant – think about experiencing that whenever you have been a teen!
- Sporting director Jorg Schmadtke has mentioned his function on the membership, reiterating that Klopp is the chief “decision-maker” and his job is to make Jurgen’s life simpler
Ex-Reds on the transfer…once more?
- It’s no secret Bayern Munich aren’t determined to maintain maintain of Sadio Mane and only a 12 months after leaving Liverpool, he’s in discuss over a transfer to Saudi Arabia – sure, one other one! (The Athletic)
Tweet and video of the day
Rather a lot can change in a 12 months looks like an understatement! On Wednesday, Klopp had none of his midfielders from final season out there. A summer season of change certainly!
Liverpool final evening:
? Fabinho – leaving
? Henderson – leaving
? Thiago – injured
? Milner – gone
? Keita – gone
? Jones – Intl. responsibility
? Elliott – Intl. responsibility
? Carvalho – loaned
? Oxlade-Chamberlain – gone
[? Bajcetic – injured]
— This Is Anfield (@thisisanfield) July 20, 2023
As for the video of the evening, allow us to level you within the path of a leaked video that exhibits precisely what Anfield will seem like as soon as full. Spoiler alert: It’s a magnificence.
Get pleasure from your night Reds!